Dentapreg® provides an ideal solution for fast, reliable and esthetic splinting.
Dentapreg® pre-impregnated glass fiber reinforced composite strips for splinting (Dentapreg® SFM) are easy to use. You don't need any special instruments or equipment. The resulting splint is a reliable and esthetic device that does not cause irritation of soft tissues. At the same time, the mechanical properties of Dentapreg® allow you to make strong splints that are suitable even as long-term solutions, yet the rigidity of the splint is such that the physiological movement of the tooth is not compromised. And most importantly, a fiber-reinforced splint works well for the patient as it is a metal free and hypoallergenic device which allows the maintenance of proper oral hygiene.
For extra-corronal splinting of anterior teeth, we recommend using Dentapreg® SFM strips for excellent pliability and convenient size. For intra-corronal splintng, please refer to the reinforcement section of this website.
Dental splinting made with Dentapreg® SFM is indicated in the following clinical situations:
- temporary stabilization adjunct to periodontal treatment (e.g. LANAP)
- long-term stabilization during regenerative stage of treatment
- palliative treatment to postpone extraction
- short and long term retention to maintain the results of orthodontic treatment
- stabilization of traumatically avulsed tooth
In pediatric dentistry for space management:
- therapies maintaining existing space once primary teeth have been lost prematurely.