Using Dentapreg® for post-orthodontic stabilization provides several important advantages for semi-permanent and permanent maintenance of achieved results of orthodontic treatment. Dentapreg® has outstanding biomechanical capability of retention thanks to glass fiber reinforcement and is non-invasive and patient friendly (no need for long-term patient cooperation as with conventional removable retainers). It also allows for the maintenance of proper oral hygiene.
Dentapreg® SFU can be successfully used as a post-orthodonitc retainer in the following situations:
- closed median diastemas
- periodontal conditions with tooth migration
- premature loss of maxillary incisor (children – canines and premolars have not yet erupted)
- rotation of maxillary incisors – rotated incisors have a great tendency to relapse
- 3 – 3 retention during and post treatment
- 21 – 12 retention – where there is uncertain optimal inter-canine distance or there is a need to leave the canine undisturbed for other reason
- palatally impacted canines – display great relapse tendency in lingual direction, correction of 2nd and 3rd molar - joint anchorage in mesial area of the denture (usually adult patients, pre-implant treatment).